15. Coming off the wildly popular release of "Blank Panther," Howard University announced that actor Chadwick Boseman had been tapped to give a speech to the graduating class of 2018.
14. On the sixth anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting, a bomb threat forced students to evacuate.
13. Meghan Markle's royal wedding dress was a showstopper. Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy is the master British designer behind the sleek silk look. What did you think of it?
12. Say it ain't snow! Storm Team4 predicts colder-than-average temps and double the average snowfall this winter.
11. We are Stanley Cup Champions! After 43 seasons, the Washington Capitals are finally sitting on top of hockey.
10. Barack Obama and Joe Biden made a surprise visit to Dog Tag Bakery, a bakery in Georgetown that's run by veterans.
9. A 24-year-old woman on her way to a job interview was killed as she crossed Indian Head Highway in Prince George's County, Maryland. AAA calls Indian Head Highway one of the most dangerous roads in the D.C. area.
8. On the first snowfall of the season, Bei Bei the giant panda at the National Zoo had a blast in the fresh powder.
7. Capitals fans celebrated and danced in the streets — after waiting decades for their team to bring home the Stanley Cup.
6. When the groom first presented his driver's license to the D.C. marriage clerk, she looked at it, went to talk to the supervisor and then asked to see his "New Mexico passport."
5. Calaya, one of Smithsonian's National Zoo's western lowland gorillas, gave birth to a boy named Moke in April. He's the first gorilla born at the zoo in nine years.
4. The American people aren't the only ones mourning the loss of former President George H.W. Bush this year.
3. The Queen of Soul was a powerful force for musical and political change. In a send-off both grand and personal, a celebrity lineup of mourners filled the same Detroit church that hosted Rosa Parks' funeral.
2. A little kindness goes a long way. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, supermarket employee Jordan allowed Jack Ryan, who has autism, to help him stock shelves for more than 30 minutes when he showed an interest in the task. Jack Ryan's grandfather called the gesture "a miracle in action."
1. And the number one spot goes to the most admired woman of 2018, according to a recent Gallup poll.